Sunday, January 29, 2012

Right reasons?

          There's the other guy. The one I actually like at the moment. He's one of my best friends, but he doesn't live near me. He was on my team this summer, so I got to know him pretty well. I like him, like I like him a lot. And by a lot, I mean, I would actually marry him. Like right here, right now, if he asked me to marry him, I would say yes, not a moment hesitation. Sounds like I'm a little in over my head, doesn't it? And yes, I am. I don't know what to do! I've fallin for him so badly. Big problem too! His dad is the president of the University I'm going to in the fall. He'll still be in high school next year, so I feel like it would be wrong to go there for both of those reasons. Right now, I don't feel like he's the reason I want to go there, I want to be there to serve God and find my way to reach out to people full-time for the rest of my life, but I don't want him to ever be the only reason why I'm there. I'm really worried that it could happen and it scares me! I mean, I guess if I'm there for the right reasons and I am supposed to be with him in the end, it'll work itself out, right? Yes. I think it will. If those are the plans that God has for us and for me, then it will. I have complete faith that He'll provide what I need, especially if this guy is that. :)

          And I asked him to come to prom with me too... He lives like 2 and half hours away, so it's really complicated. He didn't say no, and he didn't say yes. He said he's not against to coming, but I live so far away that it would be hard for him to get here for it. And his parents need to say yes too. He'll be 17 this year, so I think he can decide for himself, but I guess it does make sense if he can't quite drive himself here. I'll go get him if I need to, but I don't want to force it on him. I need him to decide for himself, and let me know, but it's just such a hard topic to randomly bring up. Frig, I'm so confused. I feel like it might be easier just to take one of my guy friends from here, but I want him to come. He's worried that dancing might get awkward, but in my opinion, nothing's awkward until you make it awkward. I think it would be fine, but I'm not about it try to make him say yes. I guess I just need to let things work themselves out. If he comes, he comes, but if he doesn't, he doesn't, and I guess I'll have to live with it. Anyways...

No comments:

Post a Comment